Tuesday, March 23, 2010

SENANG KACANG MOMMY!!!


Abang had his monthly test in early March 2010.He was very sure that he could answer all the Qs correctly. Everytime when I asked him "how was your exam?", his reply would be" senang kacang" (perhaps this is the porpular statements amongst his friends!). The exam was over rightly after the mid term break.
Yesterday I asked him whether he has received any result of his exam papers.He said yes, I got my result for science paper and I got 64% (without feeling guilty!!!).. OMG!!the result was the worse he had ever achieved so far! Tersedak I minum masa tu...
I didnt scold him until I scrutinized the paper by myself. When I read the Q & A, I was taken aback as some of the answers quite misleading for his age- that's my view. Eg :
(Q) A living thing need ......... to live:
(a) water
(b) Food
(c) water and food
For me all the above are the correct answers, but for sure the best is (c). So, the teacher cant say that the answer for (a) or (b) is wrong.
Then I contacted Kak Nor, who is a primary school teacher and complained to her on the issue. She said, please dont compare the current Qs with the time when we were at Abang's age (8 years old) . Now,even 8 years old pupil has to use his own logic to answer the Q! No more straight forward Q & A. That's the current demand she said.
After that I just told abang to be more careful in answering exam Q and dont be so confident that the Q is " senang kacang".....

No comments:

Post a Comment